Saturday, August 16, 2008

Piece-by-Piece: LaunchPad Assemblies

To continue on with the update from the past 2 weeks, I will share about the assemblies that we hosted to promote LaunchPad. One of the mile-marker goals for this year at Thrive Africa is that "30% of all Leadership Summit schools attend LaunchPad classes." To do this, we moved many of the LaunchPad classes into schools so that the students can reach the class easier, as most walk to class.

As last term came to an end, I was sad that I wouldn't be going back to Naledi to be teaching the students that I had been teaching all term. However, this week I was able to do assemblies in Mmakwane, which is the location of the LaunchPad class that I will be teaching for the upcoming term. It was exciting to see so many potential students for LaunchPad.

Through games, songs, and a skit, we were able to get to know many students, all the while telling them about LaunchPad, and the plans that God has for them. God was with us all week, and He did many things in each of the locations for the assemblies.

No comments: