To preface this blog, I will start by explaining that interns are given a unique opportunity of pouring into the coaches for Leadership Summit, the AIDS-prevention program of Thrive Africa. A couple times throughout our year, we prepare and present a lesson that is relevant to the coaches' everyday lives. As I prepared to teach, I was nervous after not teaching for 3 months while we were on break from LaunchPad classes, but God spoke through me.
When I was done teaching the coaches, it was time for Leadership Summit to begin. Today was no ordinary day of Leadership Summit, but it was the day that all of the learners got their very own, full-color "Save Sex" book, written and designed by Thrive Africa. As I read back through old journal entries of my days spent binding the Save Sex books, I found myself being held up by the thought of young faces smiling from ear to ear when they receive their very own book. This thought, picture in my head came to reality when I was able to hand out my first book. Throughout the day, I saw smiling faces and learners that were overjoyed to receive their very own book which made my month of binding over 5000 of them all worth-while.
No comments:
Post a Comment