For the past 3 weeks, I have been in and out of contact with people from home for various reasons.
1) Parent days are here. Half of the interns have family member that came here to visit and to see what they do from day-to-day. Mine aren't here, but it is nonetheless exciting to watch and spend time with them.
2) Full seasons of TV shows are available, to which I find myself in front of the screen for sometimes hours during nights and weekends (without commercials). First, Laguna Beach season 2 came in the mail for Jace to which I wasn't too excited about at first, but quickly got sucked in. THEN I started Grey's Anatomy season 2! I don't think I have EVER watched so many consecutive TV shows than with this. Its sad that its over not only because its addicting to watch, but also because we don't have season 3! Then came the Hills. This show I managed to watch the whole season in just 2 nights. "Waste of time" you may say, but I see it as time well-spent. What else is one to do in the middle of nowhere in Africa :)!?
3) The weather has been steadily improving here. I am a sucker for warm weather, summer clothes, sitting near water and soaking up the sun. If it weren't for Michigan winters, I would be a prune by now. Speaking of warm weather, I have a bit of good news (for me anyways)! In just a week, all of Thrive is going to Durban to go to a Leadership Conference for Willow Creek. During our time there, we are staying at a hotel on the beach of the Indian Ocean, and making pit stops at both the mall and a water park.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm glad you're my hot sister. :)
Post a Comment